Library Branch No. 31401 Light St Baltimore, MD 21230 www.churchandco.org
- Partially Accessible
- Photography Permitted
The brick and stone building at 1401 Light Street is one of four original structures of the Enoch Pratt Free Library System, all designed in a Richardsonian Romanesque style by noted architect Charles Carson. The library opened on Feb. 27, 1886 and served the city for close to a century before being replaced by a modern branch at 1251 Light Street. The library was sold by the city as surplus and had been a private residence and a gallery before being turned into an event space run by Church & Company.
Photos by: Brian Miller, Full Circle Fine Art Services