Holy Cross Church
110 E. West Street, Baltimore MD 21230
Holy Cross parish in Federal Hill was the German national parish for South Baltimore. It was founded in 1858 as a mission of St. Alphonsus Church for the 1,000 Catholics of German descent who lived in South Baltimore. The interior features stained glass windows from Germany and wooden stations of the Way of the Cross, both with captions in German language.
Over the years additions were built like the school and rectory. The towering steeple crowned with a copper cross was added in 1885. Rising 200 feet, the steeple became one of the most significant landmarks of South Baltimore. With the merger of three catholic parishes in South Baltimore in 2019, Holy Cross Church still provides mass service and has an active community life with various activities.
- Accessibility: Fully Accessible
- Parking: Street Parking
- Photography: Permitted