◀ See all sites
saturday

Homewood Museum


3400 N. Charles Street, Baltimore MD 21218

Visit Website
Construction Date:1801
More Historical Info via Baltimore Heritage

Information

Homewood is an outstanding example of Federal era architecture featuring a Palladian inspired five-part plan. Homewood opened as a museum in 1987 and features exquisite Baltimore and Philadelphia furniture, and historically accurate interiors. It was the summer home of Charles Carroll Jr., Harriet Chew Carroll, and their five children. Homewood was also a site of bondage for at least two enslaved families, the Ross family and the Conner family. 

Guided tours will be available on the hour, with the last tour at 3pm. Don’t miss the temporary exhibition “Subject vs. Citizen: Loyalists before the American Revolution.”

  • Accessibility: Contact in advance for wheelchair accessibility
  • Parking: Street Parking
  • Photography: Restricted