Howard P. Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens of Baltimore
3100 Swann Dr, Baltimore, MD 21217
The Howard P. Rawlings Conservatory opened in 1888 and is the second oldest steel frame and glass building still used in the United States. The conservatory originally consisted of the historic Palm House and Orchid Room. In the 1920s, production greenhouses were added to support the collection. In 2004, after a major renovation and expansion, the production greenhouses were transformed into three distinct biomes featuring plant material from tropical, desert and Mediterranean climates. Come on a tour of the conservatory and enjoy one of the finest orchid collections on the East Coast!
- Accessibility: Fully accessible. Main entrance located at North Pavilion.
- Parking: On-site Free Parking, Street Parking
- Photography: Visitors are free to take photos, no tripods, official photoshoots by persons or media must be arranged in advance and require a permit.