Irish Railroad Workers Museum
918-920 Lemmon St, Baltimore, MD 21223
The historic museum consists of two renovated alley houses in the 900 block of Lemmon Street, built by carpenter Charles Shipley in 1848. These row houses were built to provide housing for the growing number of workers employed by the B&O Railroad, who could buy the homes for approximately $400. One of the houses is furnished in 1860’s fashion, reflecting the lives of the Irish-immigrant family who lived there. The other house offers changing exhibits relating to Irish-American history and local neighborhood life.
- Accessibility: Fully accessible
- Parking: Street parking
- Photography: Visitors are welcome to take photos.