◀ See all sites

Mill Centre

3000 Chestnut Ave, Baltimore, MD 21211 (Woodberry/Hampden)

Visit Website
Construction Date:1887
More Historical Info via Baltimore Heritage


Located in the Jones Falls Valley, the Mill Centre was built in 1887. Its original use was for the manufacturing of fabric that was later sewn into the sails of ships coming in and out of Baltimore. In 1987, a group of local developers (Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse) completely renovated the old building, installing new systems, windows, and safety features. Today, the building serves a creative community made up of over 80 artists, graphic designers, photographers, and architects. They occupy a variety of converted studios and offices—some with open floor plans, others with lofts. The Mill Centre offers a CrossFit gym, massage therapists, yoga studios, and an on-site maintenance staff dedicated to preserving the facility.

  • Accessibility: Partially Accessible
  • Parking: Free Parking (enter building at corner of Darby St. and Mill Road)
  • Photography: Permitted with cred given to artists