1400 Greenmount Ave, Baltimore, MD 21202
Built in 1920, the Open Works building originally served as the main distribution warehouse for the Railway Express Agency. Over the years, it was used as a Venetian blind warehouse, an ice cream factory, a food bank and thrift store. The 34,000 square-foot space was purchased by BARCO to create Open Works in 2013. Now it is an open ‘makerspace’ where craftspeople and hobbyists can share tools, and the facility’s workshops, computer lab and other resources. Learn about Open Works with a demo from one of their makers or grab refreshments at their on-site coffee shop!
- Photography: Visitors are welcome to take photos. We ask that people don’t film or take pictures in the members’ microstudio area
- Please tag @open_works_bmore on Instagram
- Parking: On-Site Free Parking; Street Parking
- Access/Accessibility: Please enter through main entrance off the deck at south end of
- parking and check in at reception desk.