◀ See all sites
saturday

Schuler School of Fine Arts


7 E Lafayette Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201

Visit Website
Construction Date:1906; 1912
Architect:Howard Sill (1906); Gordon Beecher (1912)
More Historical Info via Baltimore Heritage

Information

Stepping into Schuler School of Fine Arts is like stepping inside a nineteenth century French atelier. Hans Schuler commissioned Howard Sill to build his private sculpture studio in 1906. Schuler was a prominent early 20th century sculptor, who created many sculptures in Baltimore, and served as president of Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) for more than 25 years. The house addition was added onto the studio building in 1912. The buildings became the Schuler School of Fine Arts in 1959, founded by his son Hans and daughter-in-law Ann Didusch Schuler. The first floor is divided into two main rooms, including the two-story sculpture studio, with a substantial northern skylight that provides the perfect lighting for classes. Go on a guided tour and see the art exhibition on display.

  • Photography: Visitors are asked to ask for permission before taking photos.
  • Parking: Street Parking
  • Accessibility: Partially Accessible