South Baltimore Learning Center
28 E Ostend St, Baltimore, MD 21230
The Southern District Police Station at the corner of East Ostend and Patapsco streets was constructed in 1896. For close to a century, the building served as a police station complete with holding cells and a courtroom until its closure in 1980. In 1999, the building was given new life when it was bought and renovated by the South Baltimore Learning Center (SBLC). The police station still holds its original floors, a jail cell, and even bullet holes in the former shooting gallery. In their historic building turned state-of-the-art learning center, SBLC educates over 1,000 adults each year with a variety of adult education and related life-skills training focusing on adult literacy and helping students achieve a Maryland High School Diploma.
- Accessibility: Accessible
- Parking: Limited Parking
- Photography: Visitors are welcome to take photos