18 - Enoch Pratt Free Library Waverly Branch
400 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
There will be a make & take activity kit and self-guided tours available throughout the day.
In 1882, philanthropist Enoch Pratt generously bestowed the City of Baltimore with a gift of a Central library, four branch libraries, and an endowment of $1,058,333.00. The original building, designed by Charles L. Carson in the Romanesque Revival style, opened its doors in 1886 and served the public for more than 45 years, when the library’s collection of more than 400,000 volumes outgrew its capability. After the Old Central Library was demolished in 1931, the current building opened its doors in 1933, occupying the entire block facing the Old Baltimore Cathedral. It has since undergone two renovations in 2016 and 2019, continuing to fulfill Pratt’s original vision.
- Accessibility: Fully handicap accessible
- Parking: Street Parking
- Restrooms: Public Restrooms