A full weekend of architectural adventure in Baltimore!On October 6 & 7, the Baltimore Architecture Foundation, in partnership with AIA Baltimore, will present the fifth annual Doors Open Baltimore—a free citywide celebration of Baltimore’s architecture and neighborhoods. Over 60 buildings across the city will be open to explore as open houses and over 30 free guided tours and activities will be available.
2018 is the first year that a limited number of open houses will be available on Sunday. Architects and other industry professionals will be at select sites to talk about their design. The majority of guided tours will also be on Sunday.
Doors Open Baltimore is a self-guided event, and sites can be enjoyed by foot, bicycle, public transit, or car. Sites are organized into neighborhood clusters to minimize the amount of time you have to spend in transit. Participants are encouraged to take advantage of transit services such as the light rail, metro, Charm City Circulator, and the Baltimore Bike Share.
Not sure what to see first? Have questions about Doors Open Baltimore? For site changes and more information, visit one of our 2018 Doors Open Baltimore Info Hubs.
Info Hubs for Saturday, October 6th, 10am–4pm:
- Baltimore Museum of Industry
- 1415 Key Highway
- Fells Point Visitor Center
- 1724 Thames St
- Gutierrez Studios
- 2010 Clipper Park Road
- Maryland Historical Society
- 201 W Monument Street
Info Hub for Sunday, October 7th, 10am–4pm:
- AIA Baltimore Chapter House
- 11½ W Chase Street
Food and Drink Specials
Stop by these participating locations and mention Doors Open Baltimore to receive special deals on fantastic food and drinks.
The AIA Baltimore
Emerging Professionals committee presents:
#AIABaltAmor: Buildings You Love Instagram Contest
How It Works
- 1) Take a photo of your favorite Doors Open building.
- 2) Post your photos before midnight on Sunday, October 7
using the hashtags: #AIABalAmor and #exploremoredoors
- Entries will be judged, and the winners will be contacted by
direct message through Instagram.
- 1st Place:One Month gym membership at FX Studios Under Armour Performance Center plus one 45-minute personal training session, two Admission tickets to the Baltimore Jewish Museum, and one Baltimore Architecture T-shirt.
- 2nd Place:One Month gym membership at FX Studios Under Armour Performance Center, two Admission tickets to the Maryland Historical Society
- People’s Choice:Family Pass to the Star-Spangled Banner Flag House
- Honorable Mentions: One Baltimore Architecture T-shirt
2017 Community Partners
Many thanks to our community partners whose efforts and commitment helps Doors Open Baltimore expand its impact throughout the Baltimore community each year.
- AIA Delaware
- AIA Maryland
- Baltimore Heritage
- BOPA & School 33 Art Center
- Central Baltimore Partnership
- Citizens of Pigtown
- Coppin State University
- Freelancers Union SPARK Baltimore
- Hampden Community Council
- Lambda Alpha International Baltimore Chapter
- Live Baltimore Home Center
- Mayfield Improvement Association
- Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)
- Morgan State University
- Mount Royal Improvement Association
- Otterbein Community Association
- Patterson Park Neighborhood Association
- Preservation Maryland
- Preservation Society of Fells Point & Federal Hill
- Reading Partners Baltimore
- Southwest Partnership
- Strong City Baltimore
- Upper Fells Point Improvement Association
- Urban Land Institute