Enoch Pratt House
201 W Monument St, Baltimore, MD 21201
Enoch Pratt, a wealthy hardware merchant and benefactor of the Enoch Pratt Free Library, commissioned this Greek Revival style mansion in 1841. He later hired Edmund G. Lind, a prominent Baltimore architect, to add a fourth floor and marble portico. Pratt spared no expense on the interior which includes a double parlor with soaring windows opening onto cast-iron balconies, marble fireplaces and elaborate plaster ceilings.
Enoch Pratt House is currently owned by the adjacent Maryland Historical Society.
- Accessibility: No
- Parking: On-site free parking
- Photography: Personal use only