◀ See all sites
saturday

Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge


1307 Eutaw Pl, Baltimore, MD 21217

Visit Website
Construction Date:1892
Architect:Joseph Evans Sperry
More Historical Info via Baltimore Heritage

Information

The Oheb Shalom congregation was established by 21 German Jews in 1853. Built in 1892, the former Temple Oheb Shalom was modeled after the Great Synagogue of Florence. The temple is a reminder of the Jewish community that thrived in the late nineteenth century in Northwest Baltimore. The congregation moved to Pikesville in 1960 and Prince Hall Grand Lodge purchased the building under the leadership of Samuel T. Daniels. Prince Hall Grand Lodge has boasted such notable members as Baltimore-born Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall and jazz musician Eubie Blake. In 1964, Dr Martin Luther King Jr. visited the lodge to campaign on behalf of President Lyndon B. Johnson. Come visit for a guided tour!

  • Accessibility: Not accessible
  • Parking: Street Parking
  • Photography: Visitors are welcome to take photos